Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2012 Jaguar XJL Supersport

From previous experience, I know the Jaguar XJ to be dynamically astounding, but unfortunately I wasn't able to fully enjoy its performance prowess due to the buckets of rain that fell during my time with the car. These conditions, however, did not prevent me from appreciating the big Jag's lovely interior and abundance of luxury features.

However, I was very frustrated to discover that it's quite hard to get a child seat to plug into the lower anchors in the rear seats, so tight are the rear seatback and cushion fitted together (I ended up having to invert the clips on the kid seats themselves). It seems that the bigger and more expensive the car, the harder it is to install baby seats -- the BMW 7-series is also a giant pain in this regard. Surely that is why parents prefer minivans and crossovers to six-figure European sport sedans ...

Still, it's hard not to fall for a long-wheelbase, high-zoot XJ and all its horsepower and loveliness. I particularly love the small, sporty steering wheel, which helps diminish the perceived size of the car and further enhances the sporty driving experience.

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/editors_notebook/1111_2012_jaguar_xjl_supersport/viewall.html#ixzz1gS3LtNMg

Chicago Jaguar